We see an increase in the use of remote controlled cameras - in settings where there is no room for cameramen, or where they are simply too expensive, like webcasting.
The remote cameras can be controlled by a single camera operator.
There are two types of remote camera solutions: fully integrated PTZ dome cameras like Panasonic AW-HE130 and AW-HE40, or Sony BRCH800, and Pan/tilt heads combined with a camera or camcorder. The latter gives a much wider choice of cameras.
It can be challenging tough to assemble a system that enables full control of cameras and pan/tilt heads, especially if you mix and match different brands.
- speed of pan and tilt
- smooth movement
- noise of the unit
- max load of the head (= camera weight)
- max angles of pan and tilt
- pan/tilt presets?
- presets camera (zoom, focus, iris)?
- interface camera: what kind?
- interface camera: what functions can be controlled?
- variable speed of pan, tilt, zoom?
- cost of the systeem
- can I use my existing cameras?